Saturday, July 5, 2008

AUTUMN BIRTHDAY PARTY

This is another event I catered back in the Fall. I didn't get very many pics of the entire room or the decorations. But I used alternating colors (Red, orange, yellow) plastic table coverings. I placed Fall themed cloth napkins in the center of the tables with a frosty colored candle holder in the middle and a votive inside. Then circled the candle holder with a length of Autumn leaves (like you see here below, on the table for the couple).

This was a surprise 28th birthday party for a lady in our church. The man hired me to cater the meal AND decorate. I learned REAL quick how to work with a tight budget! LOL It's not often that the caterer gets asked to decorate as well as cook, so that was a feat in itself. But it turned out well and they were pleased, so that's all that mattered!

My Honey was a jewel and used his new smoker that we got him for Father's day to smoke almost 100 lbs of pork roast, so I could make pulled pork sandwiches. They were out of this world, good! The pork went on sale just a few weeks before the event for .99 / lb.

The menu for the evening was:

Assorted Miniature cheese balls
Pulled pork sandwiches
Calico Beans
Homemade Coleslaw
Autumn harvest fruit salad

This is the Autumn Harvest Fruit Salad. It has always been well received at various functions that I've made it for.

These are the assorted mini cheese balls that I made for the dinner. It's a basic cheeseball recipe. 1/3 I rolled in chopped pecans. 1/3 I rolled in finely chopped parsley (next time I'll just dip 1/2 of the ball in parsley, rather than rolling the whole thing in it). And 1/3 I left plain. Everybody loved them!Stick a toothpick in each one and you're ready to go! Serve them with fancy crackers.

Then my daughter, Sarah, made the cake for the event. I loved the Fall colors on it.

The man wanted his wife to have her own special cake (she can't have chocolate) so this is the personal cake my daughter made for her. It was placed on the table that the two of them sat at.

No comments: